I have seaweed sheets at home, and the picture in the recipe
book is so tempting that I went to buy seaweeds flakes to bake
the seaweed cookies.
This recipe, not easy for me ... I had problem rolling the dough
with seaweed sheets. I forgot about brushing the egg whites on
dough before putting the seaweed sheet. Would missing that
step contribute to the problem?
I also had problem cutting the roll since my knife is not sharp
enough. I have only these few pieces which are still
The cookies are a little hard, not sure if i over bake them or
not, but my girl likes it. I find that they are only so so. I
think I will try just the dough with seaweed flakes the
next time if i use the same recipe.
Here's the recipe taken from 日本曲奇 Japanese Cookies.
Its a bilingual cookie recipe book.
50 g caster sugar
150g soft flour
1 slice of seaweed
1 teaspoon seaweed flakes
a little of egg white
1. Soften butter under room temperature and whisk with
caster sugar till fluffy and creamy, then add beaten egg in and
2. Sift soft flour and seaweed flakes, fold into (1) and knead
3. Place the dough on a baking paper and brush a thin layer
of egg white on. Then place a slide of seaweed on top and
roll it up.
4. Chill the dough for around 2 hours until firm. Take it out and
cut into thick slides of around 0.5cm thick. Place them on a
baking tray that line with a baking paper.
5. Place the baking tray in an oven and bake at 170 dC for
15 - 20 minutes.
试做海苔圈心曲奇。 过程不是很顺利。紫菜片放了下去， 我