The first batch
The 2nd batch
And here's the recipe from the book "Complete Cookery - Baking" by Ann Nicol
100g/4oz butter, softened
100g/4oz soft light brown sugar
100g/4oz self rasing flour
50g/2oz plain chocolate chips
25g/1oz butter. melted
1 tbsp milk
100g/4oz golden icing sugar
50g/2oz milk chocolate mini buttons
1. Preheat the oven to 190dC/375F/Gas 5. Line 18 buns tins with foil or paper cases.
2. Sift the flour and cocoa into a bowl. Add the butter, sugar and eggs. Beat until smooth, then stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Divide the mixture between the lined bun cases. Bake in centre of the oven for about 15 minutes, until the buns spring back when lightly pressed. Remove the buns to a wire rack to cool.
4. To make the icing, beat the butter with the cocoa, milk and icing sugar until smooth.
5. Spread over the tops of the buns and sprinkle each one with a few chocolate buttons. Leave to set for 30 minutes before serving.
p/s : Oh, I found the picture I took of my previous chocolate cupcake attempt. They are done in Aug 2007 with a couple of other bakes like the doggie biscuit and some lemonly stuff. Now I miss my doggie biscuits.