Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chocolate Hazelnut Bread minus the hazelnut

I made chocolate hazelnut bread (minus the hazelnut) again. I thought my yeast and bread flour are expiring, that is why. I did not add in hazelnut this time because my hubby doesn't like the bits. This time I remember to put in the melted butter as a liquid ingredient. The outcome :-

The top is still not smooth. Should I open the breadmaker to smooth out the top before it starts baking?












This is a peek into its "cross section". When it is warm, fresh out from the breadmaker, it really taste so heavenly. After that .. hehe still tasty lah. However I find the bread dense. Oh I made a mistake of putting in the egg unbeaten. Wonder what difference did it made. Will not be able to find out unless I bake another one.












I hope I will bake (anything) again soon.

5 comments:

Happy Homebaker said...

Your loaf looks very rustic with the uneven surface :) Bread machine usually will yield a not so smooth surface, if you like, after the kneading stops and before it starts to proof, you can take out the dough to shape it a to a smooth ball before putting it back. I don't think you should fiddle with the dough after proofing otherwise it may collapse?

sherlyn said...

hehe, thanks. Ya I think it is best not to meddle with anythg esp when I m still new in bread making. Slowly lah .. i will probably bug u more and more on breadmaking ... scare or not ? :)

Happy Homebaker said...

Not scared at all, 放马过来吧 ;)

sherlyn said...

謝謝。

In touch with Purplerine said...

Don't when I got chance to try your home made bread.

Search This Blog

Visitors since 7th June 2008

Total Pageviews

Followers

Note to self

Blog template changed and blog customised on 20th October 2011