Sunday, November 28, 2010

Easy non bake chocolate pie

I must thank my friend Cindy for sharing her recipe. She posted a picture of a pie sitting in her fridge and it tempted me. She said it is easy and share her recipe and so I went ahead to buy the required ingredients and get my hands on it after my hubby came back from business trip.

The pie is easy for old baker (started baking like 2 yrs ago and an old auntie too lah) but newbie (cos I do not bake that often and never learn from mistakes!) like me. Only four ingredients are required and I do not need to bake it too. Best of all, the pie crust is "broken down" by the help of a machine (my grinder) and it is the first time I use it for this purpose. Why did I use my hand to crush the oreo biscuits when I made my cheese cake the last time round?

Anyway, I lined the pie pan, poured the sandy and moist looking digestive biscuit into it, press the crumbs as evenly as I can with patience and put it into the freezer. Then I cooked the nestle cream and pour it into my chocolate buttons and stir with my hand whisk.

The completed product went into the fridge while the kids crowd around me, what else, but for the chocolate coating around the mixing bowl.

Here's the complete pie and a slice of it. I will get my friend's permission before I post her recipe here. Meanwhile, do enjoy the pictures. Hehehe.

 






Yum! My kids love it and keep asking for it! Now you want to do that for your kids?

After gotten my friend's permission, here's the recipe. She mentioned it is from a Food and Travel Mag. Thank you again, Cindy. Here it is :-

For the crust :

180g digestive biscuits
90g butter, melted

Blitz biscuits into fine sand using food processor. Stir in melted butter. Press mixture into a 24 cm tart tin. Chill in fridge while you prepare the filling.

Filling :

280g dark chocolate, chopped
260g cream

Bring cream to boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat and pour over your bowl of chopped chocolate. Stir it until cream and chocolate combined into a smooth and shiny mixture.
Fill tart tin with the chocolate mixture and chill at least for 4 hours.

7 comments:

Blessed Homemaker said...

This looks really yummy!

sherlyn said...

It is, you must try. I think this will be my item if I go any potluck. keke.

Casa Calrose said...

Hi Sherlyn, can share this recipe if possible? I don't have an oven so non-bake recipes are good for me, thank you!

sherlyn said...

Hi Casa Calrose,

Thanks for dropping by. It is my friend's recipe, so I will ask her for permission to release first. Let you know later.

btw, I love those jewelries you made.

sherlyn said...

Hi Casa Calrose,

The recipe is updated into the post. I hope you have fun making this pie.

jloscrib said...

ive been wanting to do some cooking/baking but hmm...
thanks for the recipe!! =)

sherlyn said...

Hi J Lo,

Baking has no age limit so can take your time to take it up :).

You take beautiful pictures. As it is late, just browsed a few. Love those close shots of the flowers (I love taking close shots too) and some pictures you took of the places that you went look like postcard pictures.

Search This Blog

Visitors since 7th June 2008

Total Pageviews

Followers

Note to self

Blog template changed and blog customised on 20th October 2011