Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pumpkin cake in cups

I chanced upon this pumpkin cake from the blog (Pure enjoyment) by KWF.
I always like mixer free bakes, and pumpkin is a very nutritious fruit/vegetable that I would like my kids to take. They do not like pumpkins cooked in anyway (so do I) and since they love cakes, this would be a good try to get them take in pumpkin. I have learnt that the size of cake pan matters in the success rate of the cake, but I really do not have the right size loaf pan, so I give it a try with the cups. I chose the original recipe but replace caster with brown sugar since I feel that brown sugar is healthier.

Look at the shimmering tops of the pumpkin "cup" cake. A pity I did not take note of the time that I use躲 on this batch.



My girl and hubby love it, so did my mother. I also gave a few to my boy's classmate's mummy and she too commented that it is good. I think it is a little too sweet (not sure if its the sugar or pumpkin, but the raw pumpkin is sweet) and it is too oily ... perhaps I have omited the ground nuts, thats why? My boy didn't really like the taste, and I am not sure if it is the aroma from the brown sugar. I told him I will give it a go with caster sugar just for him.

I have just gotten hold of ground hazelnut and the right size loaf pan. Will buy pumpkin tomorrow then will have to find a time to bake it. I think I am also going to get this book.

Here's the dissected pumpkin cake.



南瓜是一种营养丰富的瓜果,但我和家人都不爱吃煮炒方式的南瓜,所以看到这则南瓜蛋糕食谱,非常兴奋。
以上图片就是成果了。不知是黄糖味重还是什么,唯有我儿子不爱。我朋友也说好吃。那南瓜本是甜的,所以不知那蛋糕的甜是来自黄糖还是南瓜。还有就是油了点,但不知是否是因我没放花生粉。
明天我就要去买南瓜,加上刚买的花生粉,用普通糖,再做一次来诱我儿子。
有谁知道南瓜可生吃吗?因我爱上生南瓜!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Visitors since 7th June 2008

Total Pageviews

Followers

Note to self

Blog template changed and blog customised on 20th October 2011