Monday, April 26, 2010

Beading challenge #2

What has Earth Day got to do with my hobbies?
After the flower theme, I suggested to my friend about having Earth Day as the theme. She accepted. However, after 3 weeks, I still has nothing to show on the day of the deadline. I can name 101 excuses, but the most valid one is "my son is sick". He has fever for 3 weeks, on and off thou. But I did not slack. I think of ideas frequently. The day after the deadline, I finally got my hubby to tend the kids and try out my ideas. I spent almost half a day.

I started with wanting a mix of beads, chained inside a circle. The circle will be "earth", with brown chips as land, blue teardrop as water and green bicones as trees ... but I find that the beads just don't match. So I give up. Anyway kiddish idea isn't it?

Then I zoom down to only using blue teardrops as water for the design, since earth is 70% water. I quickly try ways to put the "water" together, in chain, in wire, but none is satisfactory .. and the headpins always break upon bending. Wasted alot of time here.

At last, for the sake of submission, and also a proper closure to this challenge, plus rushing time (to go kiddo's music lesson) I ... ended up ..... there .. silly piece of work .. "love the earth", blue heart and a brownish round ring (You should be able to guess why blue and brown, right?).

I think I am really not creative, and I really dislike this work. Not nice! Look at my friend's, gorgeous!

Now got to brainstorm for #3.


In touch with Purplerine said...

I think it's nice. Simple and nice. Earth should be this way. Simple with all the necessary thing on it. At times having too many things, we are hurting our Earth. :)

sherlyn said...

sigh, I really cant say it is nice leh. Nice is like yours leh. But you are right earth should be this way, simple and with all the necessary thing, but too bad, mine is just a pendant or a "charm" and not earth, so not nice lor hahaha

Search This Blog

Visitors since 7th June 2008

Total Pageviews


Note to self

Blog template changed and blog customised on 20th October 2011