I do not know what is this but by reading the recipe, it seems like making an ice cream or mousse. The definition from the wikipedia is here. Its a frozen mousse to me after I tasted it.
Here's my cold dessert in a bowl top with crushed hazelnut and chocolate rice.
This dessert is very very sweet ..... so, for those who likes sweet cold dessert .. here's the recipe.Chocolate semifreddo (serves 4 - 6)
4 egg yolks
100g caster sugar
180g dark chocolate couverture, chopped
500ml whipping cream
2 egg whites
Pinch of salt
10 pieces Almond Roca
A handful of cherries, sliced
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Place the yolk mixture and chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a pan of simmering water. Stir the chocolate continuously until it melts. Remove from heat.
- Whisk the cream until soft peaks form.
- In a dry bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form.
- Once the chocolate mixture is cool, stir in the cream till the mixture is evenly mixed. Then fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf tin lined with cling film. Freeze for at least 8 hours.
- Before serving, place the Almond Roca n a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Invert the loaf tin on a plate, unmould the cake and remove the cling film. Top with Almond Roca and cherries.